- Homeostasis, Adaptation & Disease
- Learn how to apply the concepts of homeostasis and adaptation in biology, including key cellular adaptions such as hypertrophy, hyperplasia atrophy and metaplasia.
- Causes of Cell Injury
- Review the causes of cell injury, including decreased atmospheric oxygen, pulmonary pathology and blood supply. Abnormality of supply includes a discussion of carbon monoxide poisoning, methemoglobinemia and cyanide poisoning.
- Cell Injury and Death
- Review ischemic injury with acute myocardial injury as the model disease, as well as apoptosis, necrosis, cell inclusions, and dystrophic calcification.
- PAMP’s, DAMP’s and PRR’s
- Learn about pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs), damage-associated molecular patterns (DAMPs), and pattern recognition receptors (PRRs) as they relate to the general pathology of acute inflammation.
- Clinical Pathologic Correlation of Cytokines
- Review the clinical pathologic correlation of cytokines and their significance, disease associations, and drugs in use. Also covered is the concept of “complexity,” including signals, sensors, alarmins, pleiotropy, redundancy, and cascades.
- Learn the natural history and treatment of neoplasia, including key concepts of cancer. Identify the mass through direct visualization and palpation, lymphadenopathy, diagnosis through cytology and biopsy, the histology of the cytoskeleton, and the tumor marker families of carcinomas, sarcomas, and lymphomas.
Homeostasis, Adaptation & Disease
0% Complete 0/1 Steps
Cell Inflammation & Repair
Chronic Progressive Disease